I love a building with history. My imagination runs wild as to what the walls have seen, who has been there before me and what the building has meant to society over the years.
Buildings with a rich history in the heart of bustling Melbourne that are also stunning serviced apartments are not something that you would imagine goes together. Let me tell you, there is such a place and I had the privilege to stay there a few weeks ago.
Treasury on Collins is a boutique hotel in a 19th century landmark building located in Melbourne city. The hotel has beautiful high ceiling apartments ranging from their 40sq metre Plaza Queen suite to the lush Heritage King 2 Bedroom Apartment. Some of the hotels features include free Wifi, free Netflix, all day snacks and breakfast available on the mezzanine, Molton Brown London products and, my favourite, complimentary afternoon wine down on the mezzanine between 4pm and 6pm.
As you can imagine, I quite enjoyed my stay and would gladly stay again and bring the kids – here’s why…
Why is Treasury on Collins great for families?
- I mentioned that Treasury on Collins is a Netflix hotel, well, each bedroom has a TV in it so that you can set the kids up with their favourite shows in one room and you can sneak off to yours and binge on your favourite series! Yes I know there is a city to explore but everyone needs some down time at some point.
- There is a spa bath complete with ducks to play with! Fun for the kids and perfect for the parents.
- Breakfast and all day snacks are available on the Mezzanine level including kids snacks! The pancake machine available during breakfast was a highlight for kids and the pastries were fresh and delicious.
- Washing machine and kitchenette in each room.
- Great central location and is within Melbourne’s free tram zone.
- Complimentary cots are available if requested prior to arrival.
Things to consider but not to turn you off!
- The 2 bedroom apartment that we stayed in was spread over 2 levels with quite a long staircase. It made the apartment feel so luxurious but could be challenging for a family with small kids who like to climb! My tip is to confirm the layout of your room before booking.
- There is no parking available on site however there is a 10 minute drop off zone just outside the hotel on Queen street. Parking is available at 368 Little Collins Street for $28 per day.So about that history that I spoke of – have a read here, you’ll find it fascinating I’m sure!
So next time you find yourself in wonderful Melbourne be sure to check out Treasury on Collins for a fun, lux and family friendly stay.
Great News – We can book your stay at Treasury On Collins.
Simply click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and great prices.